Sunday, July 26, 2009

St. Louis 2009

So last weekend Nicholas and I went to St. Louis for a visit. I piggy backed on a work trip so we went up Wednesday night w/out daddy. I was a bit nervous about going on a plane alone with a toddler. I think I started sweating probably 6 hours before our plane took off. But it really wasn't too bad on the way up there. We had out first McDonald's experience. He ofcourse loved the fries and the Orange Hi-C, but not so much of the hamburger. We shared a happy meal. Then we had some TCBY Frozen yogurt. That was extra yum. He didn't cry at all on the way to. We actually had a the whole row to ourselves so we could spread out. And I tried to have him sit in the seat next to me, but he didn't want it. He wanted to snuggle right on my lap and I will not complain about that.


Thursday I worked at our branch in Chesterfield. Its only 6 miles from my grandparents house, how nice is that?? I don't think I can even get a hotel that close. So my grandparents and 2 cousins Nick and Sam watched him. He had so much fun with them apparently. He is such a friendly kid, takes to anyone. Except people w/ glasses we found out this trip. We didn't realize it until after he wouldn't go to my cousin Sam and Grandma Geil. Once they were off, he was fine with them. He wouldn't cry at them or fuss, he just refused to be near.

Friday we went over to Grandma Geil's house to visit with her and Aunt Cheri. First we had to walk to doggies and then we picked up acorns. That was big fun.



Then we got to sit in the highchair that was his Pop's when he was little. A special little moment in a really old chair.



Having lunch with Grandma Geil and Aunt Cheri. Thanks for lunch it was yum. FRUIT galore


We also went to the St. Louis zoo. If you have never been, you should go. Its the only zoo that is still free to enter, and is the best zoo I've ever been to. I hear it is 2nd next to San Diego. I love it. And so did Nick. We went into the children's zoo where you are allowed to go in and pet the animals. At first Nicholas was intersted and pet one of the goats, but after that, he was more interested in picking up the rocks and throwing them (w/ goat poo)




I need hand sanitizer and lots of wipes please.


Then after that we went on the train. Nick was getting so upset when the train would pass by and leave. He wanted on so bad. here we are waiting in line for the train. That was painful b/c we had to watch 3 or 4 trains go by before it was our turn. With Grandpa...


Riding on the train w/ mommy

We also went to a baseball game of one of my youngest cousins. Nicholas and his 2nd cousins decided to play frisbee. Nicholas didn't get the concept though.


Pick it up and carry it over. Here he is handing it to Zach. Aunt Nancy's kids were SO good with Nicholas. If you can hear me Aunt Nancy, your kids are so awesome. I hope one day Nicholas will be half as great as yours!

Playing with Nick, Nick and Sam. They were best buds before the end of our trip. It was so cute.

BBQ on Saturday at Grandma Barry's
Ok so I feel bad. Nicholas took off and I guess i didn't realize there is a busy street right at the top of the hill and my grandma took off after him to catch. Shame on me just watching. Well I did get up, but not after grandma had climbed the hill. I'm sorry grandma. :( Grandpa I'll show you.....His latest thing is that he will grab your hand and pull you so he can go show you what he wants. we try to work on tell me first, but its slow coming.

He is really having a vocab explosion here in the last couple of weeks. He is already stringing 4 words together. The biggest thing he will say is "I see you mommy or daddy or who ever" Its so much fun listening to him repeat everything he can. you can just see the wheels turning.

1 comment:

Me said...

It looks like Nick had the best time!! Such a great traveler too! Glad we got to see you Saturday....Emma and Nick were sure cute playing chase!