Friday, February 12, 2010

Record Snowfall in North Texas

So according to the news the 12.5 inches of snow we received yesterday is the most snow fall in quite a while. Broke the record set in 1964. I have to say, I've never seen this much snow in Texas. And I've never been able to build a snowman more than 6 inches tall in Texas. It was a record day all around!

My parents came over to help Nicholas build his first snow man.

Here he is carrying his bucket of snow over to make his snow man.



Posing with his snowman


Daddy thought that a pizza pan would be something fun to slide around on, but seriously there are no hills. Didn't work, but for shoveling snow, it was perfect.
Puppies were loving it too. Penny makes me laugh, the snow was up the her belly, but she just kept prancing around.


Before we went to bed, some of the trees in the yard were....well REALLY droopy with the weight of the snow.

Yep, this one is touching the ground, these are Crepe Myrtles. Should not be touching the ground. HA!

No comments: