Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

So as some of you may know I got myself a fancy camera. Nikon D60, I am SO totally excited about. And I have received a few complaints that I have had it a couple of weeks not and no pictures posted. Well, I need to learn how to work the thing. Sheesh... I am loving this camera. It has 10.2 mpxs and shoots 3 frames per second. The thing is FAST. Which is one of the major complaints I had about my other camera. I would "TRY" to take a picture of Nicholas and before it even thought about taking the picture after pushing the button Nicholas would be on to some other venture. Made me so angry. So here's to awesome photography. I am def. going to take a class sometime soon so I can learn about D-lighting and aperture and whatever those other funny photo terms are. I can't wait! LOVE it!

So here is some of my "testing" of the camera, can you tell a difference? I actually don't even think I took this one at the highest resolution. The neatest thing I've learned so far about this camera is that I can change what size MPX I can use. I think this picture was on 5-6.



Happy mothers day at my moms house. We didn't do anything really for mother's day. Keith surprised me with dinner out to a place called Roy's. It was really good. Hawaiian cuisine. I had salmon and Keith had pork ribs or something. And ofcourse some wine since I am no longer pumping!! YEA FREEDOM!!!!
He is just so easy to photograph.
I just have to say again how much this little boy LOVES that dog. But she just won't have anything to do with him if he wants to pet her. Its only ok if she is licking him and he is occupied with something else. Its really funny to watch. She just isn't sure what to do with him. She wants to play, but I think he freaks her out w/ his not so coordinated movements.

Here we are getting SO close to crawling. He will get up on all 4's and rock back and forth and then fall down. Its a tough life I'm telling you.


Way too cool for school. Sunglasses courtesy of Aunt Nancy and Uncle Tim. He actually almost looks like his 2nd cousin Nick in these glasses. Didn't notice that before. So cute...


Just had to share this one. This is how my boy sleeps. Booty in the air and arms tucked under. I am not exactly sure how this is comfortable, but apparently it is. He is such an angel all asleep and innocent.

3 comments:

Me said...

Fab pics...welcome to the Nikon world!! :)

Sam Y said...

Hey! It's your cousin Sam! I had no idea Mom and Dad gave you those sunglasses, but he does totally look like Nick! It's quite funny actually.

By the way, Nicholas is so adorable! I love seeing the pictures and I can't wait until you visit!

Whitney said...

I'm glad you are loving your camera as much as we love ours! Great pictures!